Construction Industry Scheme
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out the special tax rules for subcontractors who work in the construction industry and how payments must be handled by contractors. Whether you are a contractor or subcontractor we can help make sure you abide by CIS regulations, avoiding any unwelcome penalties. We work alongside a number of clients within the CIS and construction industry and we can help you through the accounting process.
We can help you with: -
• Registering you for the CIS scheme for reduced rate deductions
• Checking subcontractors are registered with HMRC
• Ensuring you deduct the right amount of tax from sub-contractor pay
• Help manage and organise your business records
• Calculation of taxable profits or losses
• Calculation of tax liability or repayment due for the appropriate tax year
• Preparation of your self-assessment tax return including submission to HMRC
Since our inception we have been able to use our long standing relationships with Financial Advisors, Solicitors, Banking and VAT specialists built up with our parent company Yorkshire Medical Accountants.
The level of our involvement and support in running your business is determined by you and will be tailored to meet your particular requirements.